Daphne x eschmannii is a hybrid, Daphne blagayana x daphne cneorum. It was raised in Switzerland’ by Jacob Eschmann.
This is a daphne with very nice pink to purple fragrant flowers. Usually a sprawling habit, tolerant of full sun (except in hot areas) and a prolific spring flowering daphne.
- Daphne x eschmannii is a rather sprawling hybrid that will eventually need pruning to keep it in shape.
- Daphne x eschmannii is an excellent for part shade to morning sun.
- Try a humus rich moist but free draining soil.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertilizer
- Botanical Name : Daphne x eschmannii
- Common Name : Eschmanns Daphne
- Family Name : Thymelaeaceae
- USDA Zone : 6 – 8
- Height : To around 36 inches
- Spread : To around 36 inches
- Growth Rate : Medium.
- Flower colour – Deep Pink.
- Flowering Time – Winter to Spring depending on the zone
- Soil : Humus rich, moist and well drained
- Light : Full to part Light shade.
- Humidity : Medium
- Container Growing : Yes
- Frost Tolerance : Light to medium frosts only
- Drought Tolerant : No
Where to Buy
P.O. Box 857, Fowlerville, Mi
ZIP 48836, USA