Daphne arbuscula is a small (prostrate) evergreen slow growing daphne. It is a daphne that seems to cope well with cold and frost.
Daphne arbuscula has rather beautiful rose pink flowers in spring which are both fragrant large for this diminutive plant. Dark foliage is attractive.
Daphne arbuscula ‘Alba’ or ‘albiflora’ is a rare white flowering form.
This is a plant that is used in hybridisation so you may find plants such as D. arbuscula x cneorum and D. arbuscula x collina
Daphne arbuscula Care
Daphne arbuscula will grow to 4 inches, for good growth try the following conditions.
- Excellent for dappled shade to morning sun.
- Try a humus rich moist but free draining soil.
- Water in well with a liquid seaweed fertilizer
- Pruning is generally not required
- Botanical Name : Daphne arbuscula
- Common Name : None
- Family Name : Thymelaeaceae
- USDA Zone : 5 – 8
- Height : 4 inches
- Spread : Clump forming
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Flower colour – Pink
- Flowering Time – Spring
- Soil : Humus rich, moist and well drained
- Light : Medium to Light shade.
- Humidity : Medium
- Container Growing : Yes
- Frost Tolerance : Light frosts only
- Drought Tolerant : No